November 11, 2013

Painted Door Mat

Over the summer when I was staining the deck , I noticed the door mat was soaking wet still from the rain days prior. The mat was causing the finish of the deck to look green and moldly. Since the back of the house is surrounded by large oak and pine trees, the morning sun just peeks thru leaving anything on the deck damp and wet days after it rains.
I threw the door mat out and decided to paint one on instead . I used painters tape and spray painted the black and white squares.  The border colors are just colors that I pulled from the house. There's not a lot of traffic thru this door but it just adds color and the deck won't be wet there like it was when the mat was there.
Now all I have to do is sweep up the leaves.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...