November 14, 2013

No-Sew Window Valance

It's that time of the year again.. Brrrr...cold.  The good ol' New England Winter is on the way.  This morning I dropped my son at Nursery school and came home.  When I walked in to my kitchen it felt very cold, not from the temperature, but from the look of it.  I thought I would make a quick no-sew window valance.


Since this window gets the morning sun and it's the only window in my kitchen, I like it with no valance.  I try to get as much natural light as I can.  Do you like my 1980's Kitchen?  Someday it will be renovated just not anytime soon.  There are other bigger and better projects going on now.  I will show you them later.  I had some time today to make some small changes in my kitchen.  I had a piece of  leftover burlap and I stole some curtain rod ' clips ' from another room.  I cut down the burlap material and folded the edge over. I used the clips and hung the curtain. It took about 10 min. I'm using a tension rod so I can take the valance down in the spring and not have any holes in my cabinets.


The clips can be found at any major store like walmart, home goods, target.  I bought mine at crate & barrel when I lived in my apartment some time ago. I got the propeller at a tag sale about a month ago.  I wasn't sure where I was going to use it yet but I had to have it.  I hung the valance and the first thing that came to mind was the propeller. what do you think ?

no-sew window valance


no-sew window valance burlap


no-sew window valance

I also added the hand towel hook on the cabinet door. The kitchen has a warmer feel to it when you walk in especially from the cold outside. The greatest part is it only took about 10 minutes to do it.

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...