February 10, 2014

Love signs

A while back I made some signs on some scrap wood. They all say LOVE and what a perfect time to show you them.

I used the same stencil on some of them and painted them different colors. They  will probably  end up in my shop for sale but for now they are just with the rest of the signs I've painted. 
I have been working on a ton projects lately and will have many posts to show you. Since it's Valentine's Day approaching , I'm going to stick with the  LOVE topic and show you what I've been up to lately.

At night with a low light the word LOVE on this signs looks like it's just floating. I'm not sure if it's the colors or the black background.



This one is my favorite. The picture doesn't do it any justice. I used old bent nails and twine to hang it. I can show you how to make the knots used on this later. The nails and knots will come out easily even after you had some weight on it for a period of time.  I never could figure out knots when I was younger and had to learn them through the years driving a truck and having to tie down loads, tarps and tag lines with the crane. I learned a lot being a rigger and heavy haul driver especially with chains , binders and straps. I use that experience outside of work at home and try to teach family and friends who have pickup trucks and haul stuff 

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...