January 31, 2014

Grapevine wreath with painted Farmhouse Arrow

Make a farmhouse arrow and grapevine wreath as shown here



start with a piece of 1 by 12 pine  cut the length to 64 inches draw an arrow as shown using the width of the board as the sides and bottom of arrow.
the shaft of the arrow should measure approx. 3.5 inches
the circle should be approx. 10 inches
It 's pretty simple to make. Once you draw the arrow just cut it out with a jig saw , sand it and then finish it with paint or stain.


I made this awhile back and it was painted like a barn red color. I had it hanging inside my 4 car garage at my old house in my sewing/craft room upstairs. This time I  refinished it with a cracked paint finish which gives it an old look and the color goes great for where I'm using it at the entry door. I don't have a porch so it's hard to make this area look very welcoming.
I made a few grapevine wreaths this past Fall from my grapevine and added some raffia ribbon to it and some twine wrapped around it.
I attached it with some craft wire wrapped around the back of the arrow.
I noticed the paint at the bottom of the arrow is now starting to peel and it's only been outside for about a month. I'm going to wait and see how it looks as it starts to age outside. I'm hoping some of that red barn paint will really give it a lot of character. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...