December 21, 2013

Decorated Christmas Tree 2013

We finally got our tree last week and finished decorating it a few days ago. Our tree is put up every year in our Master bedroom.  The room is about 20 x 30 and it seems the best place for our tree.  It has the large doors that go out to the balcony and a great focal point when you come down the driveway.  I use smaller trees throughout the rest of the house.
This year I added some porcelain and ceramic decorations and a lace bow/ribbon for a vintage look.

decorated Christmas tree




Our tree is about 9 feet tall this year , very wide and full. The ceiling has 2 different heights.  It's cathedral with remote control skylights and open exposed beams on both levels.  It's really different.  It's probably as close to owning a dream log cabin that I'll ever get.

decorated Christmas tree

Here are some of the decorations on our tree this year.

decorated Christmas tree


decorated Christmas tree antique decorations

These porcelain figures are about  4 inches tall , luckily our tree has some really thick and strong branches so I was able to use them.

decorated Christmas tree


decorated Christmas tree santa

I  love the Santa head decorations. I have a few of them around the house during the Holidays.

decorated Christmas tree

The light pink musical instruments just look so pretty hanging on the tree. I've been using them for many years
and I still love them.

decorated Christmas tree

This year I also added a lace style ribbon and bow from the top of the tree to the bottom that sits under the star.

decorated Christmas tree

That's my 4 yr old son who wanted to put the star on the tree.  His dad was standing on a step stool with him on his shoulders but unfortunately he couldn't reach the top. ( really safe, not )  So I let him just place it as high as he could reach and we fixed it later.  He said putting the star on the tree was going to be his job every year.
I had the tree skirt out a couple of weeks ago and I put it in a safe place.  I can't find it anywhere so I haven't set up the train that goes around our tree yet.  I can always just sew a quick tree skirt tonight with all the fabric that I have.  I will think of something to put there.  Check back in a day or 2 for the finished look.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...