December 15, 2014

A Farmhouse Chair even you can make

I apologize for the long time in-between my posts.  I've been busy going to school and training.  As I was moving stuff around in the shed and putting away my summer yard tools and pots, I came across my sons crib mattress.
I thought I would make a farmhouse chair out of it like I made a bed for our dog with the other toddler  mattress and it came out pretty cool.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY painted signs distressed




I measured the mattress and gather a bunch of scrap wood I had left over from other projects.  Scrap plywood and 2 x 4's were used for this project.
I cut the plywood the length of the mattress and just framed it out and added the 2 x 4's for the legs.  I used a 1 x 8 for the backrest and scrap pieces of wood for the Farmer's Market sign.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY

I even used a piece of clapboard siding.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY

I painted the whole thing white and made the signs using my cricut.
I didn't use vinyl for the lettering, I used card stock and traced the cut outs onto the boards.  I hand painted the signs and distressed them out using a razor and sandpaper.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY painted signs

I put it all together and went over it with a dark stain to make it look old and worn.

recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY




recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY

I bought 2 cheap pillows ($4.00) each at Walmart and used an elastic in the middle of the pillows and tied it to change the shape of them.
I will cover them eventually.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY


I also had about three yards of fabric on a bolt and I used it just to cover the mattress for these pictures.  I wrapped the mattress the same way you would a present and just pinned it on the underside.  This is a quick no-sew project.
I plan on changing the fabric after the Holidays.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY


Here it is, an easy to make large chair or you could call it a mini loveseat.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY

Without the pillows.


recycle scrap wood farmhouse chair DIY

Finished with the pillows. I can sit and read a book or just watch the wild animals go by out the window.


Update: New addition project has been stamped and approved and the project will begin to start. Keep checking in as I will post pictures as the project gets underway.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...