October 26, 2014

Make an Autumn Wreath for $10

It's that time of the year again when we head over to the local Topsfield fair.   It's perfect weather to change the wreath on the door.  We usually try to make it over there least two days during the week that it is up and running.  After all , how much Fair Food can you eat in one day ?   It's windy and the temperature is slowly dropping and leaves are everywhere.  Cold and rainy for a typical Fall day in New England.


autumn wreath DIY


I had an old wreath out in the garage that I used as the base.  I bought a few bunches of leaves at the dollar store and a bag of raffia.

autumn wreath DIY

           I used a pair of dykes and clipped the stems of leaves off of each bunch.

autumn wreath DIY

                                                    Separate the colors and put them in small piles.  Stick the stems of the  leaves in the wreath mixing the different colors going around and completely fill it in.

autumn wreath DIY

I added a bow and hung it on the door. It took about 10-15 minutes to make.  It looked a little plain so I tied some long pieces of raffia all around the wreath to give it a messy look.

autumn wreath DIY

I thought about adding some pine cones , walnuts or some berries.  I really just wanted a quick wreath to put up on the door.  I'm in the middle of finishing up an 8 x 10 shed I just built and making it weatherproof before the snow comes.


autumn wreath DIY


We have a new addition to the family that we bought at the fair.  He's  a 2 month old Mini Rex.
Our son named him Rex .  He has a beautiful chocolate brown color fur that looks like it's glowing with gray. He has this white trim around his feet.
Lots of fun...

mini rex



No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...