April 2, 2016

Brighten up your Sun Bleached and Faded Pillows with this Tip

Hello Once again it's been awhile since I've last posted.  I have been very busy with so many  projects going on. Is the sun ruining your furniture and fabrics?  You'd be surprised, but even indirect sunlight will bleach out furniture and fabrics over a period of time.


use paint Sharpies on sofa pillows and cushions


 We were moving furniture when  I noticed how faded our Ethan Allen sofa was from the sun. We didn't want to get rid of it or cover it up with a slip cover.  It's the most prettiest and comfortable sofa ever.

I searched for a fabric similar to this and had no luck. The base of the sofa is blue denim with these yellow floral pillows and cushions.

Not too long ago, I  made a smock from an old t-shirt  for our son to wear in school during art class . I used paint Sharpies and the shirt remained so soft.


I headed over to the craft store with my pillow to match up the colors with some paint Sharpies.

Paint Sharpies used on pillows and cushions


This is what I used to paint the pillows. Shown here is just the color white and you can really see the difference it has made.

Paint Sharpies

I also painted the blues, purples, greens, and pinks.  You will see the sofa reveal in next post as I also freshened up the denim base of the sofa. I will show you how I did it and the result.

The sofa remained soft and comfy using the paint Sharpies.  I painted a little each day as it is time consuming, but we saved a few thousand by keeping the sofa.

Just remember..the sun will bleach out your favorite furniture. Do your best to protect it and save your family money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...