February 8, 2015

Reupholsted Old Kitchen Chairs DIY

Here is a project I finished some time ago.  I have been busy with school and I just haven't had time to post them.  I received these old kitchen chairs for free and reupholstered them.  The material was dirty and in rough shape with rips, but the chairs are sturdy.  It was time to go bold and add some color to the room. For those of you afraid of decorating with red, don't be afraid of the color.  I chose a country plaid and still was able to use the bold color of red without it looking too loud and busy.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY

I took the chairs apart then I scrubbed the chairs with soft scrub giving them a good cleaning and disinfecting.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY

I cut the fabric and sewed the pieces together. I made one set and used that to make an assembly line for my pattern since there were 4 chairs to cover.  It just makes it easier.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY
  
reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY

You can see the bad condition of this seat. Once I sewed the bottom cover to fit over the sides, I stapled it to secure it.  I screwed the seats back together.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY

  It was a pretty easy DIY project. Although it did take some time to complete it.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY

We don't have a formal eat-in kitchen or dining room set up. Our kitchen is open and you have to step-up into it. I have this set up down by the wood stove and of course, a tv to watch the news while we  eat.
It works for us. We are planning on doing the kitchen over and blowing out the wall into the dining room for a large open concept kitchen with a table and island. This table originally goes with my set of oak windsor chairs, but it also works well with these chairs.

I would like to put a small sofa and table here,  remove this kitchen table to be able to sit down by the wood stove.
We will do that after the new addition is completed. Yes, it has finally started. I will show you how far along we are.

reupholster old kitchen chairs DIY window treatment

I had some material leftover and made this topper over the Pottery Barn shade.
I just stapled it to the top and gathered it in the middle.
This project added some much needed color to the room and makes it feel more warm and cozy.
I removed the carpet finally. The tile floor is just too cold during the winter.

Reupholsted Old Kitchen Chairs DIY

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...