December 13, 2013

Painted Wooden Sign and Post

I finished painting the post I made the other day. I made a sign for the Holidays . Paint the post white first and let it set for about 10 - 15 minutes.

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood



painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood


painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood


I painted black on top of the white. I let it dry a few minutes and I used a credit card - the ones they send in the mail as junk mail . I scraped the areas where I wanted the white paint to show through . I cleaned the paint off the credit card and scraped another area. You can use a razor blade also , but I was in a rush and with the wood being so rough I didn't want to risk getting cut . If the wood was smoother I would of used a razor , but the credit card worked just fine and you can cover a larger area.

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood distressed

TIPS & TRICKS:
The more you scrape , the more white will show through which is the first color painted.  It depends on the look that you are going for.  The key to remember is you have to scrape the paint off while it is still tacky .

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood stencil

While the post was drying , I took out my Cricut and made this sign.  I added some sparkle to it to  " wow "
my son.  He likes to take my decorations and use them with his angry birds and set ups.
I added some eye hooks and hung the sign.  I also put some turquoise ribbon on some pine cones from my yard for a pop of color and hung them on the antique hook.

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood

I can either find a place for it in the house or wait until the snow storm passes tomorrow and put it outside the door at the entry way.  My original plan was to use it outside at the entry way , but now I'm undecided.

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood


painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood

This is how it looks with just a lamp on and no flash.  My son likes to add his touch to everything that I make and once he does his thing , you can't touch it for days.

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood

painted wooden sign post DIY scrap wood

                               He calls this a set-up for his angry birds. He's so cute.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...