December 19, 2013

Holiday Gifts for the Teachers

Hello Everyone.   Today is the start of  Christmas vacation for our son.  They had a small Christmas party at the school with a Santa , snacks and small gifts.  As a way to say  '  Thank you  ' to the teachers , I made them a gift.  Although you can never say thank you enough to the teachers for all the hard work they do, a small gift as a sign of appreciation during the Holidays is always nice.

holiday gifts techers door wreaths rustic recycle wood



I started out with  wooden stars that I made over the summer.  The points are approx. 11 inches long and painted white.  I made a black one for myself.

holiday gifts techers door wreaths rustic recycle wood

I had made some wood slices on my chop saw , added an eye hook, the word JOY and attached to the star with some ribbon.
I took some 2 1/2 inch Christmas ribbon with reindeer and a strip of muslin and made that into a bow and attached that to the star.

holiday gifts techers door wreaths rustic recycle wood

He has 2 teachers in the same class so I made them the same.  We also attached a card with Dunkin Donuts gift cards.
They will be able to use the stars all year  by changing out the reindeer ribbon and JOY.  They can be creative and add a small grapevine wreath with some spring ribbon or burlap.
Thank you to the Teachers....Happy Holidays

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...