November 15, 2013

Stenciled Lampshade

While everyone has Christmas decorating on their mind, I'm stuck doing " leaves " this whole weekend. I happen to be the landscaper here, so I guess I just have to do it- under protest. That's where I will be all weekend. I did manage to stencil the lampshade today.
stencil lampshade diy

The lamp shade was blending in with the wall so I thought I would make it stand out just a bit. The base was painted green so I painted it black with spray paint.
I made these stencils last year out of a manilla folder. They are 2-3/4 inches.

I selected the letters and numbers I wanted to use and outlined them onto the shade with the pencil first. I then traced the pencil mark with the sharpie trying to have a steady hand.

stencil lampshade diy recycle

stencil lampshade diy re-use
It's just a lamp I use at night. The room is so small and rather than having the track lighting on, this creates just enough light if you are watching tv in that room and sitting by the wood stove. My son loves it.  It looks like a different lamp now so I don't have to go out and buy a new lampshade for awhile.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...