November 9, 2013

Staining and Sealing the House with a new sealer

Since having a new roof put on over the summer the outside siding on the front wasn't looking so good.  The sun beats on the front of the house in the late afternoon.  The house definitely needs to be sealed and protected.


Since having a new roof put on over the summer the outside siding on the front wasn't looking so good.  The sun beats on the front of the house in the late afternoon.



The original sealer that was put on the house is no longer available so I had no choice but to try a new product. When I opened it up and saw the color I was skeptical that the results would be the same as the original. this is the test spot I did and it came out so nice that I had to keep going now (can of worms).
The product I'm using is made by Flood CWF-uv5.



The siding on the house is cedar so I lightly sanded it with 150 grit sandpaper and applied 2 coats ( I didn't bother to read the instructions).  You can see by the color in the bucket why I was so skeptical that it would dry clear and look good.




When I apply it, it has a very "milky" look to it but it does dry clear.




This is just one coat here and it's "milky" wet still.  I'm only going to finish to the top of this side and have someone else go up to finish where the remote skylights are since I have an elbow injury this week and no feeling in 2 fingers.  I wish I didn't wait this long because the weather is changing so fast.  I went up the ladder thursday and it was 30mph wind and today there was some flurries....Yes, SNOW!!!







I don't have much left to do (relief).  It really does make a big difference once the 2 coats are on like over the garage door.  In case you are wondering where the balcony is..it's the master bedroom...yes the whole thing from front to back.  This house doesn't look like any other house I've ever seen.  To the far right is where the addition is going to be.  The architect is coming tuesday to meet with my mom and myself to show us the first drawings.  I'm so excited.  I've met with her (architect) and made some adjustments in the design on behalf of my mother(it's going to be her space) so hopefully she agrees with it.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...