November 14, 2013

No-Sew Window Valance

It's that time of the year again.. Brrrr...cold.  The good ol' New England Winter is on the way.  This morning I dropped my son at Nursery school and came home.  When I walked in to my kitchen it felt very cold, not from the temperature, but from the look of it.  I thought I would make a quick no-sew window valance.


Since this window gets the morning sun and it's the only window in my kitchen, I like it with no valance.  I try to get as much natural light as I can.  Do you like my 1980's Kitchen?  Someday it will be renovated just not anytime soon.  There are other bigger and better projects going on now.  I will show you them later.  I had some time today to make some small changes in my kitchen.  I had a piece of  leftover burlap and I stole some curtain rod ' clips ' from another room.  I cut down the burlap material and folded the edge over. I used the clips and hung the curtain. It took about 10 min. I'm using a tension rod so I can take the valance down in the spring and not have any holes in my cabinets.


The clips can be found at any major store like walmart, home goods, target.  I bought mine at crate & barrel when I lived in my apartment some time ago. I got the propeller at a tag sale about a month ago.  I wasn't sure where I was going to use it yet but I had to have it.  I hung the valance and the first thing that came to mind was the propeller. what do you think ?

no-sew window valance


no-sew window valance burlap


no-sew window valance

I also added the hand towel hook on the cabinet door. The kitchen has a warmer feel to it when you walk in especially from the cold outside. The greatest part is it only took about 10 minutes to do it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...