November 23, 2013

Another ' CHUNKY ' Wood Frame - DIY

It's been a very busy week trying to get the outside of house freshened up to get ready for Holiday decorating. I have about 5 projects I'm working on that I should have finished in a day or two.  Here is our thermometer that we rely on more than once a day in our house.  I had some scrap wood lying around so I thought it would beef it up a little.

I just added to the existing frame , layered and cut the wood to get the look I wanted. I couldn't make it as large as I wanted because the space where it hangs is not large enough.  The colors I used were earth tones, which I love. The outer color is woodstock and the inner color is providence. I recently painted our den with the providence color when I added board and batten and it gives the room a cozy, warm feeling now.  I will show that later.



                        It looks much nicer with the extra wood added and painted  frame.

No comments :

Post a Comment

pin it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...